Configuring Tera Term for Use with TFC Tilt Products
This document explains the process for configuring Tera Term for communications with TFC tilt products from a Windows 7 PC. The serial communications program Tera Term must be installed prior to following these instructions, and a serial to USB converter must be purchased.
- Plug the serial to USB converter into your PC.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Open the Hardware and Sound.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) drop down.
- Determine the COM port assignment for your USB to serial converter, in this example the converter is assigned to COM3.
- Open TeraTerm.
- Open the Setup menu and select the Serial port… option.
- Change the Port setting to the COM port for your USB to serial converter, in this example it is COM3.
- Ensure that the remainder of the settings are the following, then select OK:
- Baud rate: 9600
- Data: 8 bit
- Parity: none
- Stop: 1 bit
- Flow control: none
- Transmit delay: 0 msec/char, 0 msec/line
- Open the Setup menu and select the Terminal setup… option.
- Ensure that the settings are the following, then select OK:
- Receive: CR+LF
- Transmit: CR+LF
- Local echo checked
- You can now send the desired commands to the unit.